HL7 Interface Engines are the central hub of both clinical and financial system transactions, therefore an up-to-date engine is critical for daily operations. Regular HL7 engine migrations and upgrades ensure stability and accommodate growth in your organization’s interface environment. Rapid expansion and adjustments to engine hardware and operating systems may be required to balance the effects of increased transaction volumes and network loads.
In some cases, migrations and upgrades for the engines are required. Prominent interface engine vendors, Oracle and Sybase have announced the discontinuation of their DataGate/eGate and eBiz Impact product lines and support of only recent releases of the QDX Integrator (formerly Cloverleaf) engine, respectively. MDI’s proven methodology on engine version upgrades and cross platform migrations (from one vendor to another) can assist any healthcare organization in this process with their own needs and requirements.
Recent changes in the integration market have prompted customers to review their integration environment and their strategy going forward. As organizations review and reevaluate their legacy integration strategy, they are considering a variety of alternatives ranging from staying the course, to modernizing existing components, to replacing their integration platform completely. Some important questions come to mind:
- Is it better to migrate eGate to SRE or upgrade to an all Java environment?
- Is it possible to convert Monk code into Java equivalents?
- What resources are available today with Monk expertise?
- Should existing interfaces stay in their current environment while new interfaces are created in the latest Java CAPS version or other platform?
- What is the cost and effort required to upgrade, rewrite, convert, or deploy a new integration platform?
- Are there automated tools to migrate the eBiz Impact code
There is still a large community of customers with a significant investment in Monk-based integration. This business critical infrastructure has proven to be solid and functional. But with recent industry changes, organizations will most likely revisit their Monk strategy. The published migration paths are to bridge to new technologies or rip and replace, both of which can be costly endeavors.If you would like to explore more about converting Monk to Java to run on an HL7 Integration engine like MD Link, please contact us soon by using the link below:
MDI Engine Migration Process:
Recent migrations that we have performed include:
- eGate migration to MD Link
- eGate migration to JavaCAPS
- e-Biz Impact to eGate
- e-Biz Impact to Cloverleaf
- e-Biz Impact to MD Link
- Cloverleaf 3.x to Cloverleaf 5.8
- DataGate migration from Table mode to Monk mode
- Cloverleaf 3.x to QDX Integrator 3.8 migration
- DataGate 3.x to eGate 4.5 migration
We can also help you in product selection and evaluation as well as performing cross platform engine migrations.