MDI made a significant impact at the recent HIMSS Annual Conference in Orlando, Florida with the launch of release 5.0 of their integration engine, MD Link.
The enhancements in MD Link 5.0 are the result of input and collaboration from MDI customers, prospects and the MDI Implementation and Development team. The MDI beta test clients have resoundingly agreed that the new release greatly improves performance capacity and delivers many key business processing features. The following highlights some of the modifications to MD Link in this release:
- Performance – all interface solution files can expect to automatically see faster run-time message throughput, often on the order of a10-fold increase or more
- New components – Custom Event, Call Web Service Task, Generic TCP Sender Task
- Performance groups – a new option increases message throughput and also saves database disk space by grouping together defined tasks
- Database auto-purge – MD Link can now delete old data from its internal persistence database in the background, without user intervention required and without interrupting running solutions
- HL7 2.5 definitions built-in to the drag-and-drop GUI
- Logging filter levels are now configurable per interface solution